Novato Little League North All-Stars Program
Learn more about the process and selection criteria for All-Star teams
Novato Little League North's All-Star team selections begin in May of each Spring Season. Many factors and Little League requirements go into assembling Novato North's All-Star teams. Learn more below about the selection process and criteria.
All-Star Team Selection Process
Each season, four NLLN All-Star teams are named for league age 9–12-year-olds. There is one team selected for each age bracket (i.e., 9s, 10s, 11s, 12s). These teams represent NLLN in district-level tournament play that begins after the regular season, with most tournaments running through mid-July. Players under consideration for these teams are discussed amongst managers, commissioners, player agents, board president and the All-Star manager for each age bracket.
Tentative 2022 Tournament Dates
- 9s: District Tournament - June 10 to June 17; no Sectional Tournament
- 10/11/12s: District Tournament - June 25 to July 10; Sectional Tournament* – July 14 to July 20
*Must win District Tournament to play
- Player has a positive attitude and displays good sportsmanship
- Player is coachable and shows a willingness to improve
- Player is available for practices and games during the all-star season
- Player is eligible by playing in at least 8 regular season games
- Player performance throughout the season
How a player interacts with coaches, teammates, umpires and opponents is evaluated and is a big factor during player selection. Raw talent alone will not earn a spot to represent Novato North in the short and intense All-Star season.
All-Star players are expected to fulfill the obligations associated with accepting a spot on the roster. This includes attending all practices and tournament games. Each all-star manager will determine the practice schedule for their team
Selection and notification occur in late May. A league representative may reach out to discuss availability.
Parent support is key to a successful season. The manager will hold a parent’s meeting once the teams are announced to set expectations, discuss practice / game schedules, and answer any questions. Each family will be asked to sign a Sport Parent Code of Conduct.